For 2022, the National Farm Toy Show tractor resumes the line of 1/32 scale four-wheel-drives, and continues the 1/64 scale line. The Toy Farmer started this line in 2003 with a 1/32 scale John Deere 7020. In the series, there has been a previous Massey Ferguson four-wheel-drive: a 1/32 scale Massey Ferguson 1500 celebrated the 2004 National Farm Toy Show.
This year's National Farm Toy Show toy replicates the Massey Ferguson 4840, the real machine having been built and sold from its late 1978 introduction through 1983.
Along with Allis-Chalmers, Massey Ferguson was something of a late-comer in the four-wheel-drive tractor market. In 1961, International Harvester (IH) started offering the IH fixed-frame 4300 crab-steer, built at the Hough assembly plant and incorporating some Hough components. And John Deere executives dipped their toes in the market with the 1963 John Deere 8010. Case began selling their crab-steer 1200 tractors in 1965. In 1966 and 1967 Steiger and Versatile started making "noise" at farm shows.
Want to read the story?
It's available in the MAY TF 2022 magazine!
CLICK HERE to: SUBSCRIBE
- 2020 National Farm Toy Show® Youth Display Participants
- NFTS® Model Photo Gallery
- 2018 National Farm Toy Show® Candid Shots
- 2017 National Farm Toy Show® Candid Photos
- 2016 National Farm Toy Show® Candid Photos
- 2015 National Farm Toy Show® Candid Photos
- 2014 National Farm Toy Show® Candid Photos
- 2013 Nation Farm Toy Show® Candid Photos
- About Us
- 2023 North Dakota Farm Toy Show
- Downloadable 3-D Printer Designs